Skype Plugin

Eion Robb eion at bigfoot.com
Wed Sep 26 17:53:05 EDT 2007

Ok, I've been banging my head over this one for the last week.

I've sort of stopped it segfaulting, but now on linux, two quick calls to
serv_got_im stop all the pidgin windows from redrawing, and on windows,
the second message causes pidgin to crash.

I've tried making backtraces, but a) I don't know how on windows, and b)
when I do a "bt full" on linux, it just comes up with g_thread calls, and
nothing about the pidgin/protocol source.

Is serv_got_im not thread safe?  I've tried using a static mutex to lock
simultaneous calls to it, which stopped the segfaulting, but hasn't
stopped the weird redraw/crash issues.

I don't want to release the source code until I've got it stable enough to
receive messages properly, and until I've found a place to host code and
some screenshots.  I've currently got some screenshots on my work server,
but not permantly.  The stuffing up linux image is at
http://tinyurl.com/yo2w33

Is there a pidgin developer/protocol developer who is also a skype user
who can help debug (probably as rare as hens teeth)?

Cheers,
--Eion