[Pidgin] #5490: AV after closing IRC Window-Tabs and changing focus between Windows

John Bailey rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Fri Apr 11 17:38:11 EDT 2008

Jens Franik wrote:
>> It worked recently, i am very unsure if it really belongs to the
>> plugin...
>
>> The stack trace pretty clearly indicates that is crashing in the irc-more plugin.

Daniel and Stu were correct.  This was most certainly an issue in the plugin
code, and should have been reported at plugins.guifications.org as they
indicated.  That said, I have identified and corrected the problem that causes
this crash.  It seems we (as Purple Plugin Pack developers) didn't take into
account in that code that the user might close the channel tab/window before our
rejoin callback fires.

This should only have crashed if you were kicked from an IRC channel and
subsequently closed the tab/window before the rejoin delay expired.
Coincidentally, I believe it would only have crashed on non-glibc platforms such
as Windows and BSD (classic NULL parameter to printf bug in glib).  I have
corrected this for our next release.

John