libpurple + dbus - pidgin

Sascha Vogt FunkyFish at gmx.net
Mon Apr 14 05:25:55 EDT 2008

Hi,

Anil Gupta schrieb:
> Our server uses java and I understand that libpurple can be used in
> conjunction with dbus support. Since this is a server component and we
> run on production boxes, we do not install xwin or gnome environs. My
> questions to the community
If you find out, that DBus isn't working for you, you could have a look
on JNA (Java Native Access [0]) or JNI (Java Native Interface).
JNA doesn't need native code, where JNI would require implementing a
wrapper.

There is also Swig[1] which could provide bindings in many languages,
but this would require changes in the Pidgin code, to annotate methods etc.

Anyway, happy hacking

Greetings
-Sascha-

[0]https://jna.dev.java.net/