Make a multi selection on buddy list

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Thu Apr 17 11:14:57 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 01:01:40AM -0500, Mark Doliner wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 00:02:03 -0400, Etan Reisner wrote
> > On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 04:28:14PM +0700, Tran The Anh wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I'm planning to write a plugin for Pidgin but I dont know now How to
> > > make a multi selection (and get selected contacts) of buddies on buddy list?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> >
> > There is no way to select multiple buddies in the buddy list in pidgin.
>
> But you're welcome to write a patch!
>
> -Mark

We've so far more-or-less intentionally avoided allowing for multiple
selection in the buddy list because it complicates things a *lot*.

Which buddies do you sub-menus for? Do you remove the Alias option?
Expand?  Block? View Log? Add Buddy Pounce? What happens if you drag and
drop? etc.

In short I'm just not at all sure it is worth adding.

    -Etan