SoC E-Mail Addresses

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Tue Apr 22 12:29:07 EDT 2008

Richard Laager spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Are we going to issue soc.pidgin.im e-mail addresses this year? I'm not
> sure if there's a strong need for them or not. Perhaps we want
> @pidgin.im accounts instead so people don't need to swap out their MTN
> key later if they stick around? (If they don't, it doesn't really matter
> either way.)

I think they're a good idea in general.  It gives people an easy
handle on what's SoC versus regular developer commits for the summer
(people are genuinely interested in SoC, specifically), for one thing.
That said, I don't have strong feelings either way.  It's easy to
issue @pidgin.im addresses if SoC students stick around, and it's easy
to revoke them if they don't.  I'm a big fan of namespaces on the
whole, though.  :-)

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.