automagic auth-request dropping

Tido Klaassen tido.klaassen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 05:32:53 EDT 2008

Will Thompson wrote:
> On 24/04/08 22:04, Etan Reisner wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 07:29:37PM +0200, Tido wrote:
>>> Hello,
>> <snip>
>>> So, after much talk, here's my question: did I miss anything or is there
>>> really no way of denying (or even better, totally ignoring*) an
>>> auth-request without any user interaction whatsoever?
>> Since 2.3.0 they are deniable, they can't be ignored. Though changing the
>> signal to allow for that would be possible (though not in 2.x.x).
>
> Of course, an account-authorization-requested-prime signal could be
> added that fires before the current one could be added in the meantime.

Since there is no way to do this without changing the protocol plug-in,
I just added an option to the privacy settings. If it is set,
purple_auth_dontgrant_msgprompt just calls oscar_free_name_data,
otherwise it will still prompt for a message text and send it back.
(BTW, should I submit a patch or is this considered too exotic for
general use?)

To me this appears to be the best short term solution because it does
not need any changes to the API. In the long term it would be nice if
purple_account_request_authorization would call the callback functions
with the result of the account-authorization-requested signal as a
parameter.

Tido