A blog about someones first time with a Linux desktop which mentions Pidgin

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 08:10:38 EDT 2008

2008/4/29 Phil Hannent <phil at hannent.co.uk>:
> Hello,
>
>  This blog entry is about a guy that got his girlfriend to try out ubuntu
> 8.04 from a fresh install.  He gave her a set list of tasks to complete and
> task eleven was to logon to MSN.  She used Pidgin but seemed to have a
> little trouble with the add account screen (expecting add to create a new
> account):
>

> http://contentconsumer.wordpress.com/2008/04/27/is-ubuntu-useable-enough-for-my-girlfriend/

Right:

 * The local alias field is completely confusing
 * The screen name field should be renamed to something
understandable; like username
 * The remember password check is stupid, if you don't want the
password to be saved why write it on the password field in the first
place (on the add account dialog)

I also don't understand why clicking on the X button moves Pidgin to
the notification area. It should "close" Pidgin.

As for the single protocol/multi protocol thing I guess the only
option is to add a dialog.

Best regards.

--
Felipe Contreras