A blog about someones first time with a Linux desktop which mentions Pidgin

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 11:59:43 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 8:48 AM, Mark Doliner <mark at kingant.net> wrote:
>  I changed Screen Name to Username for error messages in the oscar protocol,
>  but I didn't change anything in the core.  We should totally do it, though.
>  I'll try to do that today.

I think it'd be cool if there were no 'standard' name for it, but
rather each prpl specified what fields it wants and what their names
are and how to store them in accounts.xml. It'd make most sense to me
for ICQ to ask for a UIN and AIM to ask for a Screen Name and MSN to
ask for an E-mail address and XMPP to ask for a JID, but other people
disagree with me.