Serial I/O Lib for Pidgin

zaphod zaph1234 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 18:38:54 EDT 2008

Hi Folks,

I'd like to try my hand at writing a plug-in for Pidgin that I've been
thinking of for quite a while. I'm no coder, but I do have some minor
experience with Perl, so I'll probably use that approach.

I've looked around on the Pidgin Dev site a bit, and read some stuff,
but I haven't seen any reference to an API or lib for serial I/O...
does this exist? I need to be able to read in from a serial port, and
ideally it would be cross-platform (i.e. Linux, Win32, etc.).

Any luck?

tia,

Jacob