[Adium-devl] XMPP Troubles

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Tue Aug 5 19:30:42 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 8:43 PM, Evan Schoenberg <evan.s at dreskin.net> wrote:
> On Jul 2, 2008, at 11:37 PM, Mark Doliner wrote:
>> I added a comment about some weird behavior related to that in
>> jabber_roster_add_buddy().  If we're waiting on authorization from a
>> buddy and we add that buddy to a second group then libpurple tries to
>> remove the buddy from the original group.  I wonder if that could
>> cause this cyclic effect?
>
> *nod* The steps to reproduce definitely appear to be adding a contact to
> your list whilst in the middle of the authorization process.
>
> The attached patch adds debug logging around the calls to
> jabber_roster_update() (including from jabber_roster_add_buddy()) and logs
> the groups being passed to that function.  If someone can reproduce the
> problem with the patch applied, I suspect that'll nail down exactly what's
> going on.
>

> I've committed a libpurple.framework for Adium in [24187] which includes
> this patch for any Adium folks testing.

Alright, I think I might have tracked down what was causing this.  I
just checked in a small change to Jabber's roster.c that I believe
will fix the problem.  The change will be in Pidgin 2.5.0 which should
be released next week, and I'll wager Evan will released a new Adium
build soon, too.  Hopefully that'll take care of this bug once and for
all.

Adium bug report:
http://trac.adiumx.com/ticket/8834

Our bug report: