D-BUS and uread messages.

Casey Harkins caseyharkins at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 11:39:32 EDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-08-10 at 16:19 +0300, Viacheslav Chumushuk wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I want to get number of unread incoming messages in Pidgin, by d-bus
> interface. Or maybe not number of unread messages, but only boolean value is we have at list one.
> I was looking at documentation but without success.

The docklet uses the pidgin_conversation_find_unseen_list() function,
which returns a list of conversations with unread messages. The function
takes a parameter for the maximum number of conversations to return. So,
if you're only interested in a boolean value, you can set the maximum to
1 and the function will return immediately when one conversation is
encountered with an unread message.

http://developer.pidgin.im/doxygen/2.0.0/html/gtkconv_8h.html#8ff09fe4677ba4e443d8633f4bde1b00

-casey