D-BUS and uread messages.

Sadrul Habib Chowdhury imadil at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 21:43:48 EDT 2008

* Viacheslav Chumushuk had this to say on [10 Aug 2008, 16:19:52 +0300]:
> Hello.
>
> I want to get number of unread incoming messages in Pidgin, by d-bus
> interface. Or maybe not number of unread messages, but only boolean value is we have at list one.
> I was looking at documentation but without success.

Try looking at the 'unseen-count' data in the conversations using
PurpleConversationGetData. I believe both finch and pidgin set/use that
attribute. Look at the pietray.py dbus script in finch/plugins/ in the
source tree to see how it can be used:

http://developer.pidgin.im/viewmtn/revision/file/26065482c22b5e3fee6a939971713edff63bcb3d/finch/plugins/pietray.py

Sadrul