Pidgin usability look on the web

Sascha Vogt FunkyFish at gmx.net
Thu Aug 21 05:23:14 EDT 2008

Hi,

Timo Jyrinki schrieb:
> Just noticed this usability check from Ubuntu's devel list:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EmpathyVsPidginUsability
This is a great analysis. I did only skim through it, but will read the
whole thing soon.

> Ubuntu is considering replacing Pidgin with Empathy in the default
> installation at some point because of integration and v&v features,
> but probably not the next release. Matthew did a comparison [1] which
> lead him to suggest staying with Pidgin in 8.10 and considering
> Empathy for 9.04. He found some usability problems in both programs.
I think he meant to "reevaluate" the whole thing for Intrepid+1

One of the points I read is the lack of an offline help. There were some
guys a while ago, which wanted to start a documentation project. Is
anyone aware of any progress in this direction? I may have some time the
next weeks, which I would like to spend on such a documentation. I do
only read the mailinglists and not the MUC or IRC-channel, so maybe
there was some discussion on that, which I missed?

Greetings
-Sascha-