Pidgin usability look on the web

Sascha Vogt FunkyFish at gmx.net
Thu Aug 21 10:15:51 EDT 2008

Hi,

Casey Harkins schrieb:
> On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 11:23 +0200, Sascha Vogt wrote:
>> One of the points I read is the lack of an offline help. There were some
>> guys a while ago, which wanted to start a documentation project. Is
>> anyone aware of any progress in this direction? I may have some time the
>> next weeks, which I would like to spend on such a documentation. I do
>> only read the mailinglists and not the MUC or IRC-channel, so maybe
>> there was some discussion on that, which I missed?
>
> Along these lines, I think it would be ideal to have end user
> documentation in a standardized format (docbook?) which we (or
> packagers) can use to generate appropriate native offline help (yelp,
> winhelp, etc.).
I think they already decided to use a standardized format. But they
didn't decide which one yet (as far as I recall it). That's why I was
asking.

It was also not decided where to keep the docs. If it should go to a
monotone repository or somewhere in a DMS / CMS / Wiki system. I'm not
yet familiar with docbook (only used LaTeX so far), but if no one else
jumps up and starts with another format I think I'll take a look into
docbook (to me, this seems to be most fitting).

Greetings
-Sascha-