Pidgin usability look on the web

Ka-Hing Cheung khc at hxbc.us
Tue Aug 26 13:26:18 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-26 at 13:52 +0100, Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:
> Real-world example: I messaged someone a link to a photo of a /Kung Fu
> Panda/ movie poster sometime last week. I don't remember who I messaged
> it to, and I don't remember exactly what day it was. I'd like to find
> the link again. What I'd like to do: open the logs window and search for
> "panda".

When I needed this, I just use tracker to search for the logs. Pidgin
doesn't index the log files now, so doing a global search would be quite
slow. It seems to me that we should leave this to indexers like tracker
or beagle.

Maybe we can detect the presence of either and somehow do something more
intelligent?

-khc