www: 97e4dfaf: Keyword and snippet optimizations for se...

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Fri Dec 5 19:13:38 EST 2008

On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 04:52:27PM -0800, Casey Ho wrote:
> People use it.
>
> http://www.google.com/trends?q=universal+im,+multi-protocol+im,+multi+protocol+im&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

<shudder>

"Universal IM" is such a horrible phrase, I have no idea why anyone would
want to use it. That being said that graph certainly favors it strongly,
but could we at least keep it out of the body copy? I really, really
dislike it, it is meaningless, wrong (we certainly don't support
everything possible), stupid, and much too buzz-word-y for my liking.

We aren't a business, we don't need to tweak everything to sell as many
units as possible. I'm ok making style decisions even when they "hurt" our
"bottom line" a little.

    -Etan