SSL Certificate

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Mon Dec 8 17:45:05 EST 2008

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 3:33 PM, Kevin Stange <kevin at simguy.net> wrote:
> Mark Doliner wrote:
>>> Where did you find a cert for $27/year?!
>>
>> http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/ssl/ssl.asp?ci=8979 when buying for a
>> single domain for 2 or more years.
>>

> I can get us a cert for $19.95 per year or less possibly through work:
>
> http://steadfast.net/services/ssl.php
>
> The certs are signed by Comodo.

Alright, I bought a 5 year certificate from Steadfast/Comodo at the
discounted rate of $14.95 per year (because they like us :-) ).  It's
now installed on developer.pidgin.im, and is only used for
https://developer.pidgin.im/login.  Let me know if you notice any
problems.  Also, there were a some files in the /etc/ssl/certs/ and
/etc/ssl/private/ directories on imperial that I suspect are no longer
being used.  I created an "old" subdirectory and moved the files
there.  If that breaks anything we can move them back.

And I got a free StartCom certificate through xmpp.org
(http://xmpp.org/ca/) which we're using for ejabberd on
rock.pidgin.im.

-Mark