Discrete events at fixed time interval: Plugin

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Thu Dec 11 15:18:38 EST 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 11:54:52AM +0530, sanket agarwal wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to develop a plugin and need some advice. The thing that i am
> going to do relates to some periodic event being triggered. Something like
> my plugin get's triggered every 1 or 2 seconds. With libpurple, what options
> do i have. Please refer code in case it's appropriate. I am basically new to
> libpurple, so elaborate if possible!!
>
> Thanx in advance :D

You want the eventloop functions. Specifically purple_timeout_add
(http://developer.pidgin.im/doxygen/dev/html/eventloop_8h.html#adefb8b6d8b677ba989e47cbf8a05806)
and purple_timeout_add_seconds
(http://developer.pidgin.im/doxygen/dev/html/eventloop_8h.html#17752ee1277e09350a612b0b88921fc5)

Read the documentation about them carefully so that you understand how
they handle repeated events.

    -Etan