Pidgin 2.5.3 released!

John Bailey rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Sun Dec 21 12:35:32 EST 2008

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to announce that we kicked Pidgin 2.5.3 out of the nest.  This
release features a ton of work from Mark on MSN and MySpace, as well as at least
40 accepted patches from a number of contributors.  Overall we closed 85 of our
tickets for this release.  A number of crash fixes are present in this release,
with a few minor new features for good measure.  As always, the ChangeLog is
available formatted for browser-based viewing at
http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/ChangeLog as well as being available in the
source tarballs.

The source tarballs have been released since last night, so those should have
had plenty of time to propagate to the Sourceforge mirror system.  Daniel has
just prepared the Windows builds, which will take a while to make it out to the
mirrors.  Please be patient!

John