im.pidgin.pidgin: 04e7d54475c3ddf91ad523e3e58521bc4fa59c85

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 11:20:27 EST 2008

2008/2/1 John Bailey <rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org>:
> Felipe Contreras wrote:
> > Right, but I wasn't talking about this particular mail, I meant all
> > the ones that are coming from commits' ml.
>
> The commit mails' usefulness is a matter of perception.  Sometimes it is much
> faster and much more useful for me to use the commit mails as history to search
> through than it is to use the available history tools in monotone.  The same was
> true of SVN and CVS, and I'm sure it would be true of any other SCM you could
> throw at me.

Not in git, the tools are awesome:
http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=users/felipec/purple-msn-pecan.git

*hint* notice the search field, and the RSS feed.

The whole gitweb is a single Perl script.

> > Hint: a link to the web version of the change would be useful,
> > specially since developer.pidgin.im is a little bit unreliable. Has
> > anyone been able to go there at all? I think it's a myth.
>
> The "web version" of the change is *on* developer.pidgin.im.  That said, viewmtn
> seems to be behaving extremely well and can be accessed directly at
> http://developer.pidgin.im/viewmtn/.  Those wanting quick links can use a smart
> bookmark that appends a revision number to
> "http://developer.pidgin.im/viewmtn/revision/info/" to get the desired
> information.  All the important information *is* included in the message,
> however, including the attached diff showing the actual changes.

It might be *on* developer.pidgin.im but if I can't get into the main
site how am I expected to find the right URL?

I refuse to save that URL, or type any commit id; take a look at this
commit mail notification:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=E1JJtjk-0005Uf-JR%40sc8-pr-svn3.sourceforge.net&forum_name=omxil-svn-commit

Want to see the actual commit? just click on the link below the revision ID.

Best regards.

--
Felipe Contreras