PEP (Personal Eventing Protocol) and PubSub

Brandon Kruse admteamkruz at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 10:00:50 EST 2008

Hey guys,

It looks like we already have some PEP/pubsub integration in Pidgin.

I am planning to do presence and user integration with asterisk. (I wrote
some click-to-dial stuff for pidgin, and am taking it to the next step).

Should I do this in the form of a plugin, or somewhere else?

Also, any pointers on where to find the code for capability negotiation?

The path will look like -> Client A signs on, gets buddy list from jabber
server.
Client A checks everyone capabilities for the asterisk event protocol. Then,
if
the client B (lets assume 1 person on the buddy list) has the plugin, then
we
initiate a request to monitor his events.

Thanks guys!

(this will all be open source, of course :] )

-bk