Patch for Yahoo Messenger problems w/ HTTP proxy

Gideon Guillen gideong at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 23:03:32 EST 2008

On 2/11/08, John Bailey <rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org> wrote:
> But that doesn't have an effect on changing the behavior of the Yahoo plugin
> only, from the looks of it.

Well, yeah. But I have no idea if other parts of pidgin/libpurple has
the same problems that the patch was supposed to address. I only
debugged the Yahoo protocol plugin because it's the only IM protocol
that I am permitted to use in this environment (where I had to use an
HTTP proxy to connect to the inter-tubes). Retrieving buddy icons
seems to work fine using direct connection (at home) and SOCKS proxy
(we had this before). However, when using an HTTP proxy, pidgin can't
retrieve the buddy icons.

But it seems that other parts of pidgin is fine. For example: I am
able to get release notifications.

--
Gideon N. Guillen
gideong at gmail.com