add in blist request, fake home dir

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Mon Feb 11 04:16:52 EST 2008

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 11:11:35 +0100, Anatoliy Belsky wrote
> On Sunday 10 February 2008, Mark Doliner wrote:
> > On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 08:40:48 +0100, Anatoliy Belsky wrote
> > > - while creating an account one must provide the password/username
> > > pair and use purple_account_new, purple_account_set_password and so
> > > on. One thing i can't find is - how i could set the server address
> > > and port. Or is this read from the xml only?
> >
> > It sounds like you're talking about PRPL-specific account settings.  You
> > can see the list of available settings for a given protocol by looking at
> > prpl_info->protocol_options, and you can set settings using
> > purple_account_set_string(), purple_account_set_int() and
> > purple_account_set_bool().
>
> yeah, it's so ... while it works for example for msn with
> username/password and standard settings only, jabber or irc need
> more data...

Oh, I may have led you astray slightly.  What I said above about
prpl_info->protocol_options is true for the port (and the other custom options
on the 'Advanced' tab when editing an account).

The Jabber and IRC server is a different setting.  I actually think you can
just call purple_account_set_username(account, "whoever at example.com").  If
that doesn't work then try digging around for prpl->user_splits and
PurpleAccountUserSplit.  I don't remember exactly how it works, but basically
the username for Jabber is made up of the username, domain and resource, and
the PurpleAccountUserSplit structure is used to tell libpurple  what
information is needed from the user.

-Mark