Sounds for XMPP and IRC

Matt Heidsick matt.heidsick at oracle.com
Tue Feb 12 13:17:54 EST 2008

Luke,

Thanks for your fast reply. Trillian allows for sounds in IRC chat room.
So as an example, if I use their little dog icon, or post (&) in the
chat, it triggers a woof.wav to be played on every local machine that is
logged into that chat room, (@) triggers a meow.wav and so on.
Currently I have no options of using a specific sound for notifications
of this sort within IRC.

Hope that explains a bit more in detail.

Thanks,
Matt