Sounds for XMPP and IRC

Luke Schierer lschiere at pidgin.im
Tue Feb 12 14:42:25 EST 2008

I do not know of one, but it really ought not to be hard.  You could
hackishly do it in either C or perl with system() calls to play your
sounds, or you could do it more correctly by linking against gstreamer
and using it to play the sounds.

Either way, you'd listen on the message received signals, and search
them for your magic strings, and then play the corresponding sound if
found.

You would probably also want to use the plugin preference calls to set
up an interface to configure the strings and sounds with.  for what
such a gui might look like, you could look at the spelling plugin we
ship (I forget its name right now).  You'd naturally want to have a
sound selector instead of a replacement string, but its an idea to
start from.

luke