Send custom emoticon patch and utillitary methods...

Mauro Sérgio Ferreira Brasil mauro.brasil at tqi.com.br
Fri Feb 15 05:02:36 EST 2008

Hello Richard,

As I've said to Jorge ("Masca" or "salinasv"), here we use libpurple
with a different user interface developed using WTL (Microsoft's Windows
Template Library).

On our customer's application all configuration files are shared with
Pidgin (whether the user have it installed on their equipment too)
throughout the default ".purple" folder. Considering that we don't set
this default folder to a private and different one inside our customer's
application.

But for now, it's mandatory that Smiley API configuration and images
must be on different places (I mean, that they could not be shared with
Pidgin) so our customer's application can work without problems.
I say that because our application duplicates the info and image files
to its internal persistence base, and this is not sincronized with
libpurple persistence on a way to avoid problems by now.

That's why we need to point a different path to handle Smiley API from
our application.

Anyway, this is already implemented and fully tested on Smiley API diff
files I've provided to Jorge.

Please let me know whether you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Mauro.

--
__At.,
   _

*Technology and Quality on Information*
Mauro Sérgio Ferreira Brasil
Coordenador de Projetos e Analista de Sistemas
+ mauro.brasil at tqi.com.br <mailto:@tqi.com.br>
: www.tqi.com.br <http://www.tqi.com.br>
( + 55 (34)3291-1700
( + 55 (34)9971-2572