Windows IME almost unusable

Kevin Stange kevin at simguy.net
Fri Feb 15 18:38:54 EST 2008

Gerrit Sangel wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I have attached two images, first, the way it should be (qt.png), and then,
> how it is with pidgin under windows (win.png)

Each different UI toolkit uses its own IME.  We cannot use QT's without
being a QT application.  GTK+ under Windows chooses to use its own,
presumably, which means this would be an issue with GTK+ for Windows at
the least.  If you see this issue on Linux GTK+ applications as well,
then this problem is purely a general GTK+ issue and you should
definitely address it to them.  We have no control over the IME that
GTK+ provides.

Kevin