Fwd: Re: request consideration for aclocal.m4 modification

Bill Fassler bill.fassler at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 28 13:37:13 EST 2008

looks like automake version was somehow missing:

automake (GNU automake) 1.10
Written by Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat.com>
       and Alexandre Duret-Lutz <adl at gnu.org>.

vocal at Grumpy:~/project/blackfin-svn-trunk/bf561-vphone/archive/uClinux-wchar/user/pidgin$

Bill Fassler <bill.fassler at yahoo.com> wrote: Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:32:17 -0800 (PST)
From: Bill Fassler <bill.fassler at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: request consideration for aclocal.m4 modification
To: Stu Tomlinson <stu at nosnilmot.com>
CC: pidgin <devel at pidgin.im>

 (I know the patch wasn't attached, for some reason yahoo email, won't let me attach it... keeps saying its an invalid file although I can view it fine in emacs and vi)?

vocal at Grumpy:~/project/blackfin-svn-trunk/bf561-vphone/2008R1/uClinux-dist$ autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.61
This is free software.  You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.

Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.
vocal at Grumpy:~/project/blackfin-svn-trunk/bf561-vphone/2008R1/uClinux-dist$ libtoolize --version
libtoolize (GNU libtool) 1.5.24

warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR  PURPOSE.
vocal at Grumpy:~/project/blackfin-svn-trunk/bf561-vphone/2008R1/uClinux-dist$ intltoolize --version
intltoolize (GNU intltool) 0.36.2
vocal at Grumpy:~/project/blackfin-svn-trunk/bf561-vphone/2008R1/uClinux-dist$ autoreconf --version
autoreconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.61

Stu Tomlinson <stu at nosnilmot.com> wrote: On Thu, 2008-02-28 at 10:21 -0800, Bill Fassler wrote:
> I see this error:
>
> make[3]:  Entering directory
> `/home/vocal/project/blackfin-svn-trunk/bf561-vphone/archive/uClinux-wchar/user/pidgin-first/libpurple'
> Making all in gconf
> make[4]: Entering directory
> `/home/vocal/project/blackfin-svn-trunk/bf561-vphone/archive/uClinux-wchar/user/pidgin-first/libpurple/gconf'
> LC_ALL=C ../../intltool-merge -s -u
> -c ../../po/.intltool-merge-cache ../../po purple.schemas.in
> purple.schemas
> Possible unintended interpolation of @INTLTOOL_ICONV in string
> at ../../intltool-merge line 96.
> Global symbol "@INTLTOOL_ICONV" requires explicit package name
> at ../../intltool-merge line 96.
> BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted
> at ../../intltool-merge line 263.
> make[4]: *** [purple.schemas] Error 9

What versions of autoconf and automake are you using?

Regards,

Stu.

Looking for last minute shopping deals?   Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.