PATCH broadcast messages for a group of online peoples

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 13:36:11 EST 2008

2008/2/29 Ricardo Lucca <rlucca at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
>  This patch implements in script purple-remote the function of
>  broadcast messages for a group of online peoples.

There are currently two implementations of URI handling; one exists as
purple-remote, which parses the URIs and makes the appropriate DBus
calls, and the other emits a purple signal that prpls connect to, and
parse and interpret themselves.

The latter is used by Windows (which doesn't have DBus), but is the
better solution, anyway. The two don't support the same URIs, or even
the same protocols. Someone needs to go and make sure all the URI
handling from purple-remote is duplicated in each of the prpls, and
then replace the purple-remote code with a Dbus call to emit that
signal. I think *you* might be just the person to do it! Interested?

-s.