msn-pecan now has direct connection support (fast file transfers)

Jorge Villaseñor salinasv at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 18:34:12 EST 2008

On Jan 3, 2008 4:59 PM, Richard Laager <rlaager at wiktel.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 16:48 -0600, Gary Kramlich wrote:
> > PSM: "Happy Birthday to me!"
> >
> > Is that a good enough example?
>
> No. As I said in another message on this thread, you can't set those at
> the same time, as MSN allows only one message.
>
> I'm looking for an example along the lines of what I provided... a
> series of statuses & messages and the transitions between them.
>
> Richard

As Felipe said. The change on the status doesn't matter when we have a
PSM. People in MSN (wich is my primary prpl wit more than 250
contacts) doesn't use it (at least in my buddy list) like a status
message. It's is a extended nickname. I don't know if it's correct or
they are abusing but it's true.

Examples: Here are some examples from my buddy list that show that the
status doesn't matter.
Busy: /Dominant Primordial Beast
Available: Hello Madrid.
Away: So if we have a chance, would you let me know?
Available: St Louis ahead
Available: Festivus
Available: Happy new year.
Busy: Laaaambert.

Well this are only some of the PSM I have in my buddy list. Is obvious
 that none of them show anything related to "status"

I agree with Felipe that PSM and status message are different. I don't
know if it bothers me to have attached to the status message on other
protocols because I don't use really hard other protocols.

Maybe we should look at the official client and how it define the PSM.
If people are abusing but it's really a STATUS stuff I don't care to
have it like status, but if the official client define it like
"extended nickname you can write here everything you want" I guess we
need to detach it from the status.

Hope this will help to clarify the difference.