msn-pecan now has direct connection support (fast file transfers)

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Fri Jan 4 02:28:58 EST 2008

On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 15:08:04 -0600, Richard Laager wrote
> I propose the following action:
>
> We change Pidgin to keep the status message when changing statuses
> and immediately highlight it in the text entry box. This makes it a
> snap to change the message if you're going to (or hit
> backspace/delete to drop it) and covers the MSN use cases.

I'm in favor of that.  That's how it used to behave a long time ago (in the
2.0.0 betas, maybe), but then we changed it, I think because we thought the
current behavior was a bit more logical.  But I definitely miss having the
message stay there when changing statuses (I use my AIM away and available
message the same was people are describing the MSN personal status message
thingy).

> The only problem with this change is that it makes it more difficult
> to go from a custom "Out to Lunch" status with a message ("I'm gone
> to lunch.") to a custom Available status without a message. You
> would have to open the buddy list to delete the message and couldn't
> just change from the tray icon.

That seems like a pretty minor problem to me, I bet it would be fine to leave
it alone.

-Mark