msn-pecan now has direct connection support (fast file transfers)

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Fri Jan 4 11:41:47 EST 2008

On Fri, 2008-01-04 at 16:34 +0000, André Lemos wrote:
> Isn't the "Current Media" a specially crafted personal message?
>
> I know that if you have "Current Media" on, the personal message gets
> replaced by it, so I was wondering if it isn't simply a personal message
> starting with (8) or something.

No, the current media field is a separate (structured) field. The PSM is
not replaced by the current media at anything but a UI level. Even the
official client still sends both. The official client doesn't show the
PSM if there is a current media present (or at least it didn't last I
checked, which was when this stuff was new). We show both, since we're
getting both.

Richard