question concerning Hiptop icon for Adium

Geoffrey Antos geoffrey.antos at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 01:26:37 EST 2008

fwoomp fwoomp wrote:
> On Jan 6, 2008 10:18 PM, Evan Schoenberg <evan.s at dreskin.net> wrote:
>
>> On Jan 6, 2008, at 10:06 PM, Ethan Blanton wrote:
>>
>> The information is sent by the protocol and was previously treated as
>> indicative of a 'mobile' status. It has not been treated as such since
>> 5/3/07; commit log below:
>> ----
>> Revision: 28e5eeab1e47056aebef138b01d02ca1133b8740
>> Ancestor: a34dc16d6da382b248482bd3d3486224a8d04d37
>> Author: seanegan at pidgin.im
>> Date: 2007-05-03T04:41:33
>> Branch: im.pidgin.pidgin
>>
>> Added files:
>>          pidgin/pixmaps/emblems/16/hiptop.png
>> Modified files:
>>          libpurple/protocols/oscar/oscar.c
>>          pidgin/pixmaps/emblems/16/Makefile.am
>> Modified attrs:
>>          pidgin/pixmaps/emblems/16/hiptop.png
>>
>> ChangeLog:
>>
>> We're told by users that Hiptop is not the same thing as mobile, and
>> should not be treated as such.
>> ----
>>

> Thanks for the quick response!  Well, since Pidgin on Windows still
> differentiates Hiptop/Sidekick status from everything else, there must
> be something going on there to make it happen.  Hmmm.  If Pidgin can
> do it, I would think Adium can do it too, even if it had to be put out
> of the way as n a option set by the user.
>
> As for the commit log, I guess Hiptop/Sidekick could be considered
> different from mobile (cell phones in particular) and I'll grant that
> (although I do NOT personally mind putting both in the same category).

The AIM prpl should return the string "hiptop" when the prpl_info's
list_emblem function is
called. There are a couple other special emblems as well, such as for
bots. If AdiumX shows
something to signify that a buddy in the buddylist is a bot, it is
likely that a HipTop notification
could be placed in the same region depending on the return value of
list_emblem.

--Geoffrey