msimprpl status report

Kevin Stange kstange at pidgin.im
Sun Jan 13 03:38:31 EST 2008

Jeff Connelly wrote:
> Hello everyone, I had a great time working on the MySpaceIM protocol
> plugin ( http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/MySpaceIM ) for Pidgin over
> summer, although I haven't had much time to continue working on it
> after summer, as school took over. Fortunately, this has now changed,
> as I've been able to register for an independent study course for
> Winter 2008 in which I can spend some time working on fixing bugs in
> this code. My focus this quarter will be on bug fixes and quality,
> although I may also work on additional features as time permits. I
> won't be able to spend as much time as I did over summer, but
> hopefully I'll be able to fix a good amount of bugs that will make
> msimprpl a better protocol plugin.

I'm glad to hear you'll be back on the bug hunt.  One thing that I'm
seeing as a major issue is that the prpl does not appear to handle
groups properly.  Among the problems you cannot move buddies between
groups, and buddies/groups get re-added at each login, resulting in
group order changes and the "breaking out" of users from grouped
contacts.  These are the most significant buddy list management bugs
that need addressing.

Kevin