Fwd: EQO messenger

Phil Hannent phil at hannent.co.uk
Wed Jan 30 09:57:18 EST 2008

Hi,

> I added a section to the top of our "What is libpurple?" wiki page that
> lists
> people who use libpurple.  As with all our wiki pages, anyone should feel
> free
> to add to this, edit it, etc.
Not wanting to stir up a hornets nest or anything but just before
Christmas there was talk of creating a Skype conduit for libPurple using a
socket to bypass the GPL legal clauses that would prevent linking.

If somebody created a mobile Java application that fed to a server that
ran libpurple as a daemon/service, would that fall under the same clause?

I understand the reasons and motivation for the skype plugin not being
permitted.  However I just wondered if this hypothecial situation fell
into the same area?

Regards
Phil Hannent