Send custom emoticon patch and utillitary methods...

Mauro Sérgio Ferreira Brasil mauro.brasil at tqi.com.br
Wed Jan 30 12:22:43 EST 2008

Hello there!

I would like to have a position of you guys about a issue I have here.

I'm working on "Sending custom emoticon patch" (ticket 1187) with Jorge
("salinasv" or "Masca"), and I need one specific configuration that is
kind of conflicting with implementations of some methods from "Util API".
The "Smiley API" configuration I need is to allow another applications
using libpurple to set up a different folder for "smileys.xml"
configuration file and the custom smileys imagens. I.e. to allow the
application to setup a different persistence folder only for this API.

Unfortunately the method "purple_util_read_xml_from_file" don't accepts
an absolute path and the method for writing the configuration XML that
accepts an absolute path is scheduled to be removed by version 3.0.0 of
Pidgin/libpurple.

Now I'm working with a copy of these methods on "Smiley API" considering
that reading method is not available on "Util API" and that the writing
one is scheduled to deletion.

But I would like to know of you guys whether this is indeed the best
alternative, or whether you think I can change the reading method from
"Util API" to work with absolute paths too and remove the comments from
the reading method so it won't get deleted on future releases. Adding
this all to the patch...

Thank's and best regards,

--
__At.,
   _

*Technology and Quality on Information*
Mauro Sérgio Ferreira Brasil
Coordenador de Projetos e Analista de Sistemas
+ mauro.brasil at tqi.com.br <mailto:@tqi.com.br>
: www.tqi.com.br <http://www.tqi.com.br>
( + 55 (34)3291-1700
( + 55 (34)9971-2572