im.pidgin.pidgin: 04e7d54475c3ddf91ad523e3e58521bc4fa59c85

Sadrul Habib Chowdhury imadil at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 11:57:58 EST 2008

* ecoffey at soc.pidgin.im had this to say on [30 Jan 2008, 21:31:08 -0500]:
[snip]

> For the next minor bump would be useful to add getters for gc->flags and gc->wants_to_die.

We are going for a minor version bump for the next release (2.4.0). Is
there a reason we do not want to do this now?

I have added a few public functions to the libpurple API, and updated
finch to not directly access the internals of purple objects. I thought
this would be a good time to do the same for pidgin too. I probably
would have tried it, but it's easy to make a typo somewhere, and since I
don't use pidgin, I probably wouldn't notice a silly breakage, and when
something breaks (which I happen to think is OK in devel-code), there
are a lot of crying, and a lot less fixing. So someone using pidgin
should bite the bullet and do it.

Sadrul