pidgin: f15338f5: Use CLIENT_WEBSITE rather than PURPLE_WEBSITE...

Stu Tomlinson stu at nosnilmot.com
Tue Jul 1 15:22:32 EDT 2008

I wonder what happened to our commit emails?...

<CIA-40> evands at pidgin.im im.pidgin.pidgin * f15338f57c0920b685e5164d2f53e50a6d0f64b7 /libpurple/ (5 files in 5 dirs):
<CIA-40> Use CLIENT_WEBSITE rather than PURPLE_WEBSITE in libpurple. If the build
<CIA-40> process doesn't #define CLIENT_WEBSITE, internal.h will define it as
<CIA-40> PURPLE_WEBSITE. No change for Pidgin or Finch, but this will let other clients
<CIA-40> such as Adium present their own site in error messages as needed.

A compile-time #define is not much use to clients that want to use
libpurple as a real library instead of shipping their own copy, so I
doubt this is really a good idea.

Why not instead add a "website" member to the ui_info hashtable, and
reference that in the prpls ? (like jabber does for name and version
already)

Regards,

Stu.