How does Pidgin and GTK work on Windows

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Tue Jul 1 18:40:10 EDT 2008

* Billy Schoenberg <wasbridge at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

> I have written my own app based on GTK (Open Dialect
> http://dialect.openmodeling.net) and I am having a ton of trouble
> with getting my app to find GTK on windows (it works sometimes,
> sometimes it doesn't).

Library managemant on win32 is a nightmare, package management
actually non-existing. So you probably want to do static linking.

You binary is getting too big then ? Well, that's completely
common on win32 - users are usally have fat machines for tiny
things in that world (often for exactly that reason) ;-P

Another way could be using a GNU subsystem (eg cygwin) or
colinux instead.

cu

 cellphone: +49 174 7066481   email: info at metux.de   skype: nekrad666