pidgin.im very slow

Moritz 'Morty' Strübe morty at gmx.net
Thu Jul 3 01:43:45 EDT 2008

Kevin Stange schrieb:
> Mark Doliner wrote:
>> I think it's probably because AOL was not allowing ICQ accounts to
>> login from Pidgin because we were advertising ourselves as an older
>> version of the software, and the error message that we present to
>> users directs them to download a newer version at http://pidgin.im/  I
>> imagine the slowness will clear up in a day or two.
>>

> I just made ticket 6220 and the ChangeLog wiki page static pages on
> lighttpd to hopefully reduce the load a little bit and increased
> MaxClients on Apache a bit.  Though it's still very sluggish, it is
> responding better now.  Trac is periodically hitting a connection
> limit in PostgreSQL.  Everything else seems much faster once that
> starts happening. :)
>
> The limit seems clearly to be the CPU capability of the system at the
> moment.

Isn't that the way to go? As far as I understand trac is one of the main
problems. I think the Support and Devellopment page should become
static, because that is where everyone goes for support.  And also a
static Version of the wiki - especially the FAQ (Spidering it 1/h or
whatever). While this probably isn't the perfect solution it's still
better then not getting any support, because the connection to
http://developer.pidgin.im/ times out (at the moment).

Morty

--

strübe.de <http://xn--strbe-mva.de>

Diese Email ist signiert. Sollte Dein Email-Client keine Signaturen
unterstützen wird eine smime.p7s-Datei im Anhang angezeigt.

Meinen PGP/GPG-Key gibt es auf den üblichen Keyservern.