SHA-256 and fetching https documents

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Thu Jul 3 03:40:29 EDT 2008

2008/7/3 John Bailey <rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org>:
> Mark Doliner wrote:
>> And I don't remember if the purple_util_fetch_url_request() function
>> breaks our API.  I think it doesn't.
>>
>> -Mark
>
> If you've changed the function's signature, then yes, it breaks the API.  If all
> you did was add code internally to handle https and didn't change the signature
> at all, then it is fine.

I just checked and I didn't change the signature, so it should be
fine.  I remembered something else I thought this could be useful for,
turning web messenger login back on.  It broke when they started
requiring webmessenger logins to go over ssl.  So we could bring that
code back as a fallback for when the normal login fails.

-Mark