Plugin to submit

Jeff Sadowski jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 12:48:34 EDT 2008

2008/7/18 Erigami Scholey-Fuller <erigami at piepalace.ca>:
> Howdy,
>
>   I'd like to submit a plugin for pidgin. It allows the user to
> define a regex that matches messages. When text in a message it
> matched, the matching text is hyperlinked. When the user clicks on a
> hyperlink, it executes a command the user has associated with the
> pattern (potentially using some of the text that was matched).
>
>   The plugin is attached.
>

>   I don't have any compilation instructions outside of those given in
> the C plugin writing tutorial on the pidgin website.

Sounds interesting just curious what you use your own plugin to do
could you give us an example

maybe to open a file on the net with a certain program?
say like so
download:http://username:password@somelocation/somefile
and when they have the keyword download and a link like so you spawn
wget instead of firefox?