soc.2008.vv: 2b075cad: Added a mute button for the local microp...

Phil Hannent phil at hannent.co.uk
Thu Jul 24 04:53:33 EDT 2008

Hello,

I do not want to stir up a debate or anything, I just wanted to ask a question.

Having in the past having tried numerous microphone using application, I have
always found that the lack of visual input feedback to be an issue when trying
to diagnose a problem.

Is the vv integration planing on having a display when sound is coming from the mic?

I ask because I know that support is going to get problems like:
Mic has a mute switch which is off by accident,
Mic is plugged into the audio out,
Mic is plugged into the monitor which in turn is not plugged into the PC,
Mic is USB and not a recognised device by the OS,
Mic is not selected as the default sound input,
Mic has been drowned in spit an no longer works,
Mic has a low quality cable and when moved works some of the time,
Mic is owned by another application *cough* Skype *cough*,

Its not something which I would want in the conversation window but would be
really, really cool in a plugin.

Regards
Phil Hannent

PS. Skype is not something I use, however I realise others might be foolish to
use Pidgin and Skype at the same time.