Monotone analysis

Jani Monoses jani at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 28 16:55:30 EDT 2008

Hi Felipe,

Thanks a lot for the git mirror, it's a lot easier to check out pidgin
than using monotone ( I did that too before finding your mirror) and
looking around it (I was not familiar with monotone only with the other
4 major DVCSs :)

How often do you update the clone? I see the soc2008.vv branch does not
have the last commit from july the 23rd.

> Perhaps these projects are wrong too[1]:
>
>  * Linux Kernel
>  * X.org
>  * Debian (build-tools, debpool, pbuilder)
>  * Fedora
>  * GNU autoconf, automake, core-utils
>  * Compiz Fusion
>  * PackageKit
>  * ALSA
>  * Cairo
>  * HAL
>  * D-Bus
>  * Mesa3D
>  * OLPC
>  * Wine
>  * fluxbox
>  * Yum
>  * Ruby on Rails
>  * Samba
>  * KVM
>  * VLC
>  * x264
>
> And recently PulseAudio, and GStreamer is on the way too.

And farsight2 uses git instead of darcs which farsight1 uses.

thanks
Jani