Voice and Video GSoC Project

Diego Costantini diego.costantini at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 09:38:39 EDT 2008

I apologise, I used the gstreamer0.10-plugins-farsight from ubuntu, not from
sid.

I noticed that if the libraries are not exactly those you mentioned, it
probably won't work. For example, I was using the experimental repository,
so newer libraries, then one of the clients got in the chat window:
Error creating session.
You have rejected the call.

This happens only on the client on that machine, also when it is the call
initiator. When the other initiates the call, he waits on Calling... while
the other already rejected.

Sometimes they also crashed, but I couldn't reproduce it.

Anyway I made another clean install and now they look like calling each
other.
- When they manage to start the call, they get stuck when I press Hangup and
I have to force quit Pidgin.
- When I call, one client rejects the call, if I call again but this time I
accept, the same client crashes.

Since I am working on virtual machines, I have audio card configured but no
real output to check how it works, and I noticed with wireshark that during
calls they are exchanging rtp packets every 2 or 3 seconds, both at ports
7079. This doesn't resemble the tons of RTP packet I was used to see with
SIP.

Of course these are not complains but bugs I found until now and you don't
need to search for, just fix them when you'll have time :)

Anyway, the taste of calling with Pidgin is already very sweet, keep up the
great work ;)