About ProgressReport and msn-pecan

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Fri Jun 13 20:43:42 EDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-06-14 at 02:08 +0300, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> I have suggested the change before; If you split account.h into
> account_private.h then when you include account.h you only include
> that, no need to go thousands of levels deeper.

I don't understand. What part of account.h would get split into
account_private.h? Or, alternatively, what would be left in account.h.

> like create a Telepathy connection manager
> that uses msn-pecan

If you got msn-pecan merged, telepathy-haze would already give you this
functionality. ;) I realize that may not be the best solution, though.

> >> I've also been told that there are no more fileds available for prpl
> >> structures, which I find stupid because at least one field could have
> >> been used for storing the version, making it extensible.
> >
> > This is exactly what has been done to overcome this problem.
>
> Has been done? I was being told that wasn't possible anymore, not until 3.0.0.

Someone used the last struct member in a change on ipp.next.minor.
(Looking at the code, it was the addition of the explanatory strings for
the account editor's username box.) We hadn't released that code, so it
was fixed up.

Richard