SoC Theme Project

Gary Kramlich grim at reaperworld.com
Tue Jun 17 22:54:40 EDT 2008

Richard Laager wrote:
> I'm trying to prune down my TODO list to just the things I think I can
> realistically tackle. One of those things is the XML emoticon
> specification. This may be of interest to the SoC theme project. To
> summarize, the idea was to use something based off XEP-0038 as a common
> format for IM client emoticon themes:
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kopete-devel&m=116243751305896&w=2

This should be completely doable.  We're designing this to have separate
loaders for theme formats.  So basically, a plugin could register a
theme loader that loads themes from client X and another from client Y,
all the while, theres built in loaders for our current formats and
existing adium ones.

Of course we're not that far yet, but that's the idea.

--
Gary Kramlich <grim at reaperworld.com>