RFS: pidgin-privacy-please

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Thu Jun 26 00:59:44 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-06-26 at 09:52 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 8:22 AM, Stefan Ott <stefan at ott.net> wrote:
>
> > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "pidgin-privacy-please".
>
> The upstream website says this requires pidgin itself to be patched,
> has the Debian pidgin package integrated that patch?

Last I checked, no.

Here's the comment from the p-p-p upstream README [0]:
        Since version 2.3.0, pidgin includes the auth-signals patch,
        thus you'll only need to apply the patch for blocked-signals. If
        you choose not to apply that patch, pidgin-privacy-please won't
        be able to send auto-replies when a message has been blocked.

While I'm not against the idea of those signals, sending an auto-reply
when a message is blocked seems pretty counter-intuitive to me.

Richard

[0] http://code.google.com/p/pidgin-privacy-please/wiki/ReadMe