XMPP Troubles

Eric Richie edr1084 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 23:40:48 EDT 2008

Hey guys,

It's come to my attention that we could have some serious xmpp issues
on our hands.  I've heard several reports of certain large companies
having their internal jabber servers knocked out by some client
issues.  I talked to a few of you who have been hearing similar things
from other sources.  In all of the reports I've heard about they were
using libpurple clients (hence why I'm cc'ing the pidgin list) but
mainly using Adium.  I realize that there are arguments to be made
about the quality of their servers and such, but I'm not looking to
get into any of that.  I'm finding the reports somewhat troubling and
think this needs to be looked into.  That being said I'd like to get a
task force of sorts together to possibly work on hunting down the
issue this weekend.

Our tickets are:
http://trac.adiumx.com/ticket/8834
http://trac.adiumx.com/ticket/10231 (Seems to be the more serious of
the two)

Pidgin:
http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/5484
http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/6188 (dupe of #5484, filed against
Adium #8834)

As always, thank you to anyone who decides to contribute, and of
course, let me know if you need any additional resources or if I can
do anything else to help facilitate the efforts.

Thanks,
Eric