[Adium-devl] XMPP Troubles

Peter Hosey prh at boredzo.org
Fri Jun 27 19:59:19 EDT 2008

On Jun 27, 2008, at 12:30:33, Eric Richie wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 1:15 PM, Peter Saint-Andre
> <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:
>> 3. Does this happen only if a contact is in more than one group, or
>> more generally if the user changes which group a contact is in?
>> (XMPP allows you to put a contact in more than one group -- roster
>> groups are like "tags", not exclusive "buckets").
>
> Adium doesn't support this feature of XMPP. A contact can only exist
> in one group or another.

That, I believe, was his point.

Suppose that we *or libpurple* do something like this:

	//Pseudo-code
	[contact removeFromGroup];
	[contact setGroup:[groupsFromRosterPush objectAtIndex:0U]];

Now, suppose that (for whatever reason) the order of the groups
changes from one push to the next.

I think it's a case worth investigating, once we have some XML dumps
to look at.